The procedures of visa obtainment should not be undertaken until the student receives the official invitation for study from the University. Since student is coming to Ukraine for a long-term period he/she should get the visa. To obtain Ukrainian visa student should address to the Embassy of Ukraine. Student should address the Ukrainian embassy in the country he/she is applying to as some requirements may vary. If there is no Embassy of Ukraine in student's country he/she can apply to any other closest embassy.
IN ORDER TO ENTER KHAI STUDENT WITH THEMSELVES SHOULD BRING FOLLOWING LIST OF DOCUMENTS TO UKRAINE:
- International passport with student's visa
- Original of school certificate and school transcripts (apostilled by Ministry of Education or equivalent legal body)
- X-Ray test certificate
- 6 photos 60 x 40 mm sized
- Birth certificate
- Original of medical certificate with issue date no earlier than 2 months before commencing the training
- Original of document certifying negative test results for AIDS disease
THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS MUST BE TRANSLATED TO UKRAINIAN LANGUAGE IN UKRAINE UPON ARRIVAL OF THE STUDENT (TRANSLATIONS SHOULD BE NOTARIZED):
- Passport's 1st page - 2 copies
- School certificate and school transcripts - 2 copies
- Birth certificate - 2 copies
- Medical certificate and AIDS certificate - 1 copy
Future students must take into account that time-laps from issuing the invitation and arrival in Ukraine can take from 1 to 3 months. That's why they should start the admission process beforehand in order to commence training in time.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION!!! Students should note that according to Ukrainian regulations they must enter Ukraine no later than 25 days before visa deadline. IF YOU MISS THIS DEADLINE, YOU WILL NOT BE ENROLLED TO THE UNIVERSITY AND HAVE TO LEAVE FOR YOUR COUNTRY IMMEDIATELY!
After having got the visa and tickets a student sends the following information to the University: the flight number, the arrival date and time, the arrival airport. The employees of the University send this information to the appropriate departments and arrange the meetings in airports, railway/bus stations. The meeting service expenses are paid by a foreign citizen (in case if student wants to be met by university's representative).
The enrollment into the 2nd and the following years of studying may be realized only on the basis of application form filled in by the student, his/her education certificate and contract. On the basis of these documents the faculty dean determines the academic difference in disciplines and indicates the terms during which this difference is to be eliminated.
NAU KhAI sends an inquiry addressed to the higher educational institution where the foreign student who studied earlier with a request to take the student's name off the register and transfer his/her documents to the NAU KhAI for the training.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION!!! In compliance with the acting Regulations the student should be transferred from one University to another during the 10 days from his expulsion! IF YOU MISS THIS DEADLINE, YOU WILL NOT BE ENROLLED TO THE UNIVERSITY AND HAVE TO LEAVE FOR YOUR COUNTRY IMMEDIATELY!
THE CONTRACT SHOULD BE ATTACHED WITH:
- academic certificate with seal affixed and signed by the Rector of the University;
- certificate of completion of the Preparatory Department (in case is applicant wants to be trained in Russian);
- questionnaire or application form of established sample;
- 2 notary translations of the passport's 1st page to the Ukrainian language;
- copy of entrance visa;
- original of the document of education with an attachment of the list of disciplines and grades and its notary translation to the Ukrainian language;
- original of medical certificate with issue date no earlier than 2 months before commencing the training and its translation to the Ukrainian language;
- original of document certifying the unavailability of AID's infection and its translation to the Ukrainian language;
- all necessary notary translations to the Ukrainian language;
- 6 photos 60 x 40 mm sized.
GETTING TO THE UNIVERSITY
Kharkiv city is a large transport connection point in Ukraine. It is connected with all cities of Ukraine by coach and rail communication and with many cities, by air communication. Foreign citizens may arrive to Ukraine to one of the international airports in: Kyiv (Borispol airport), Kharkiv, Odessa, Dnipro.
Here you can find the information on trains schedule as well as buy ticket to Kharkiv - http://uz.gov.ua/en/
Here you can find the information on buses schedule (even directly from Borispol airport) as well as buy ticket to Kharkiv - http://autolux.ua/en/
If you don't want to use the university's meeting service, you can get to Kharkiv by yourself using the above-mentioned information, after you can take taxi from Kharkiv airport or from the railway/bus station.
THE APPROXIMATE COST IS AS FOLLOWS:
- from airport to the university is 200 UAH
- from railway station to university is 150 UAH
If you arrive to Kharkiv in the evening, you will have to book the hotel for the night/weekend and come to university's office on next morning/Monday only. There is the YAGUAR hotel near the university - http://www.hotel-jaguar.com.ua/. The cost of single room is 450 UAH per day. You can book one of hostels as well via booking.com.
YOU CAN PRINTOUT THE FOLLOWING ADDRESSES TO SHOW TO THE TAXI DRIVER:
ХАИ, улица Чкалова, 17 (поселок Жуковского)
Отель Ягуар улица Чкалова 2 (поселок Жуковского)