Procedure of entering Ukraine and KhAI
The procedures of visa obtainment should not be undertaken until the student receives the official invitation for study from the University. Since student is coming to Ukraine for a long-term period he/she should get the visa. To obtain Ukrainian visa student should address to the Embassy of Ukraine. Student should address the Ukrainian embassy in the country he/she is applying to as some requirements may vary. If there is no Embassy of Ukraine in student's country he/she can apply to any other closest embassy.
In order to enter KhAI student with themselves should bring following list of documents to Ukraine:
- International passport with student's visa;
- Original of school certificate and school transcripts (apostilled by Ministry of Education or equivalent legal body);
- X-Ray test certificate;
- 6 photos 60 x 40 mm sized;
- Birth certificate;
- Original of medical certificate with issue date no earlier than 2 months before commencing the training;
- Original of document certifying negative test results for AIDS disease.
The following documents must be translated to Ukrainian language in Ukraine upon arrival of the student (translations should be notarized):
- Passport's 1st page - 2 copies;
- School certificate and school transcripts - 2 copies;
- Birth certificate - 1 copies;
- Medical certificate and AIDS certificate - 1 copy.
Future students must take into account that time-laps from issuing the invitation and arrival in Ukraine can take from 1 to 3 months. That's why they should start the admission process beforehand in order to commence training in time.
Students should note that according to Ukrainian regulations they must enter Ukraine no later than 40 days before visa deadline.
!!! IF YOU MISS THIS DEADLINE, YOU WILL NOT BE ENROLLED TO THE UNIVERSITY AND HAVE TO LEAVE FOR YOUR COUNTRY IMMEDIATELY !!!
After having got the visa and tickets a student sends the following information to the University: the flight number, the arrival date and time, the arrival airport. The employees of the University send this information to the appropriate departments and arrange the meetings in airports, railway/bus stations. The meeting service expenses are paid by a foreign citizen (in case if student wants to be met by university's representative).