The educational program provides the competencies required to manage businesses as a supply chain that combines material, financial and information flows. The main object of logistics management is the material flow from the source of raw materials through all intermediate processes up to the receipt of products to the consumer.
Students will learn the modern concepts, methods and information technologies of logistics, methods of saving the total cost of material, financial, labor resources throughout the logistics chain and assessing its effectiveness.
Logistics allows solution of many problems of various complexity and scale on a scientific basis:
- forecast demand and determine the required stock based thereupon, develop a stock management system;
- determine the required production capacity;
- plan and realize supply, production, warehousing, sale, transportation;
- design and model logistics systems;
- coordination of goals and coordination within the single supply chain of activities of individual enterprises and different units within the enterprise.